Download Full Text (6.5 MB)
Tan paper with printed return address in upper left corner, with a little typewritten and handwriting added in ink. A word in a box beneath the address is underlined in red. Typewritten message in German. Black ink signature in lower righthand corner with purple hand stamp with Nazi eagle.
Information Provided by Michael D. Bulmash: The Haupttrehandstelle Ost (HTO) was established in 1939 by Hermann Goering as a department of his Four Year Plan to confiscate Polish and Jewish property and assets in German-occupied Poland. There were branch offices in a number of cities. This document letterhead reads Main Trust Office East, Trust office Poznan, branch Litzmannstadt. This letter, typed in German, is addressed to a Mr. Alfred Prenzlau, the Commissarial Trustee of the Josef Sas Company in Litzmannstadt (formerly the Polish city of Lodz). He is being recalled from the administration of the iron foundry Ksawera Trabczynski and is requested to return his certificate of appointment. As well he must hand over his final report and invoice. One Mr. Alexander von Gunther is to take over the factory. The letter is stamped with the HTO Litzmannstadt handstamp.
6 x 8 1/4"
Goering, Prenzlau, von Gunther, Haupttrehandstelle Ost, HTO, Four Year Plan, Poland, Main Trust Office, East Trust, Poznan, Litzmannstadt, Josef Sas Company, Lodz, Ksawera Trabczynski
1939-1941: Concentration:Ghettos, Einsatzgruppen (Mobile Killing Squads); WWII in Europe
"Treuhandstelle Letter" (1940). Bulmash Family Holocaust Collection. 2015.2.74.