Skip to Main Content

The Kenyon Camera Club was a student organization in the 1880s and 1890s. Their photographs of Kenyon College's campus and the surrounding area of the Village of Gambier and the Kokosing River allow a snapshot into what student life was like in the late 19th century, the early days of photography.

Click on the thumbnails below to see scans of the Kenyon Camera Club's work.

  • Kenyon Military Academy

    Kenyon Military Academy

  • Portrait of Henry Stanbery, K1896

    Portrait of Henry Stanbery, K1896

  • Aerial View of Gambier

    Aerial View of Gambier

  • Kokosing River "Caves"

    Kokosing River "Caves"

  • Cast of "The Head of the Family," February 1895

    Cast of "The Head of the Family," February 1895

  • Church of the Holy Spirit and College Gates 2

    Church of the Holy Spirit and College Gates 2

  • West Wiggin Street, 1895

  • M. Alfred Fish Residence

    M. Alfred Fish Residence

  • Wiggin Street and the Kokosing, 1895

    Wiggin Street and the Kokosing, 1895

  • Winter Sledding, Congregational Church in Distance

    Winter Sledding, Congregational Church in Distance