Preview

image preview

Creator

Denis Baly

Creation Date

1977

Description

088- A view of the street façade of the Madrasa al-Tankiziyya, commissioned by the Mamluk governor Amir Sayf al-Din Abu Sa’id Tankiz, who ruled over Syria for part of his career, in 1328-29. The portal consists of a deep recess crowned by three levels of muqarnas tiering, supporting a semi-dome decorated with chevron fluting. Above and below an inscription band are fine ablaq inlay panels.

Geographic Reference

Jerusalem

Keywords

Jerusalem, Israel/Palestine

Share

 
COinS
 

Rights Statement

In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted