This collection of the historic city directories of Mount Vernon, Ohio is the product of a collaboration between the Library at Kenyon, the Public Library of Mount Vernon & Knox County, and the Knox County Historical Society.
How to Search: If you want to search for a specific name, street, etc. within a volume, follow the steps below.
- Click on the title of the volume you want to search.
- Click the "Download" button.
- Open the downloaded file. NOTE: You will need Adobe Reader 9.0 or later to view these files.
- Right-click the document (command-click for a Mac), and choose Find from the pop-up menu.
- In the upper right of the window, enter your search term, and click the arrows to navigate to each instance.
While these volumes are full-text searchable, they are scanned, meaning that searching them won't always been 100%. If you aren't finding what you are looking for, try just looking through the document manually.