Download Full Text (2.0 MB)
Front: 'Konzentrationslager Florenburg' printed in red in top left along with written in number  and block . Handwritten message in pencil. Back: Second half of letter, with purple circular hand stamp 'D' and "25" written in pencil on bottom.
Information Provided by Michael D. Bulmash: Flossenburg concentration camp was established in 1938 in Bavaria, near the border with Czechoslovakia. Prisoners were used as slave labor to extract granite from the quarry and as well in the German armaments industry. Approximately one third of the prisoners who passed through Flossenburg perished from malnutrition, disease, overwork, and executions.
8 1/4 x 5 7/8"
Flossenburg, Concentration Camp
"Letter from Flossenburg Concentration Camp" (1940). Bulmash Family Holocaust Collection. 2014.1.341.