Download Full Text (3.0 MB)
A white slip with a typewritten message, including purple and red hand stamps, as well as signatures in black and blue ink.
Information Provided by Michael D. Bulmash: In the occupied territories of Poland, the various Jewish welfare organizations that had existed before the war continued under the aegis of the Judische Soziale Selbsthilfe (Jewish Self-Help; JSS), the legal entity that essentially absorbed their functions, and was an important anchor during these times. The directorate of JSS, headquartered in Krakow, included representatives from ghettos throughout the Generalgouvernement and maintained continuous contact with all Jewish communities. The financial resources allotted to the JSS by the German authorities -- extremely modest compared to their needs -- helped ghetto inhabitants operate soup kitchens and warehouses, as well as provide medical aid.
5 x 8"
Wisnicz, Nowy, Poland
"Receipt from Wisnicz Nowy Ghetto" (1941). Bulmash Family Holocaust Collection. 2014.1.143.