Preview

image preview

Creator

Denis Baly

Creation Date

1977

Description

074- This is the north end of the Haram al-Sharif showing the façade of the Madrasa Is’ardiyya. The building was commissioned by a wealthy merchant with the name Majd al-Din al-Isardi, and the earliest date the building is known to have existed is 1345 AD. It may have functioned both as a madrasa (religious school) and a khanqah (Sufi hospice).

Geographic Reference

Jerusalem

Keywords

Jerusalem, Israel/Palestine

Share

 
COinS
 

Rights Statement

In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted