Preview

image preview

Creator

Denis Baly

Creation Date

1963

Description

268- The Charles V Fountain was designed by Pedro Machuco to make a statement at Porte De la Justice (Justice Gate) of the Alhambra. It was sculpted in 1554 by Niccolo De Corte and contains three spouting heads carved in relief and four dramatic angels spouting water from above. The fountain is adorned by the traditional renaissance style coat-of-arms.

Geographic Reference

Granada, Spain

Keywords

Granada, Spain

Share

 
COinS
 

Rights Statement

In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted